The civil service kilometric rates for cars for individuals who are obliged to use their car in the performance of their duties are as follows:
For the first 6,437 km;
- Cars up to 1,200 cc are at 39.12 cent per km.
- Cars between 1,201 cc and 1,500 cc are at 46.25 cent per km.
- Cars of 1,501 cc and over are at 59.07 cent per Km.
For kilometres over 6,438 km the rates are;
- Cars up to 1,200 cc are at 21.22 cent per Km.
- Cars between 1,201 cc and 1,500 cc are at 23.62 cent per Km.
- Cars of 1,501 cc and over are at 28.46 cent per Km.
Other rates also apply for motor cycles and bicycles. For further details on these please contact Shane Grennan or see www.revenue.ie
Where a car is provided for an employee by a company there are benefit in kind considerations.