Main Tax Rates and Bands 2015.
- Single, widowed or surviving civil partner €33,800 at 20% and the balance at 40%
- Single, widowed or surviving civil partner qualifying for single person child carer credit €37,800 at 20% and the balance at 40%
- Married or in civil partnership, one spouse or civil partner with income €42,800 at 20% and the balance at 40%
- Married or in civil partnership, both spouses or civil partners with income €42,800 at 20% with an increase of €24,800 max and the balance at 40%. The increase in the standard rate band for 2015 is restricted to the lower of €24,800 or the amount of income of the spouse or civil partner with the lower income.
- There are also some exemptions for persons over 65 years old.
Universal Social Charge Bands for 2015.
- Income up to €12,012 at 1.5%
- Income between €12,012 and €17,576 at 3.5%
- Income between €17,576 and €70,044 at 7%
- Income above €70,044 at 8%
- Surcharge of 3% on non PAYE income over €100,000.
- There are some exemptions to the USC including where an individual's total income does not exceed €12,012.
More information on personal income tax is available at www.revenue.ie and more information on PRSI rates is available at www.welfare.ie or you can also contact Shane Grennan if you would like advice relating to your own personal situation.